BizzyB Project-Based Learning Platform
- STEM / STEAM Curriculum Library
- Leadership & Collaboration
- Student Journaling & Portfolios
- “3P” Project Outcomes (serving People, Planet & Philanthropies)
- 21st Century Life Skill Assessments
- Remote Mentoring
- Common Core State Standards Alignment
Challenge Library & Student Journaling
BizzyB is a Project-Based Learning LMS (Learning Management System) designed to engage students to create innovation projects that solve problems with real solutions. This is accomplished by coupling a Challenges Library that sets forth innovation parameters and motivations like prizes, with a student journaling and portfolio system. Additional features such as skills assessment, mentoring and challenge authoring are built around this core.
BizzyB is the result of a three-year grant (2017-2019) to create an online student innovation platform. Design research included studying innovation learning with MIT’s LaunchX (a high school feeder program) and the University of Hawaii at Manoa’s Center on Disability Studies. Education theories and approaches explored and employed in the design of BizzyB include:
- Project-, Problem-, & Innovation-Based Learning
- STEM, STEAM & STREAM
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- 21st Century “Soft Skills” Theory & Assessment
- Learning Management Theory & Systems
- Collaborative Education
- Game & Engagement Theory
- Post-Secondary Recruitment
- Mentorship, Internship & Career Pathways
- Child Identity Security Policy & Laws
- Fair & Equal Access
- Needs of Under-Serve & At-Risk Children
- Version 1 BizzyB Alpha: Completed August 2017. Prototype project-based learning system completed except for 21st Century Life Skill assessments (to be included in Beta version).
- Version 2 MIT LaunchX Pilot: Completed August 2018. a white label version for MIT high school feeder program. 6,000+ students and mentors in 26 countries served.
- Version 3 BizzyB Beta: On track for launch June, 2019.
- BizzyB Breakathon: A student & teacher one-day testing and feedback experience. Scheduled for June 2019.
- BizzyB HIVE: A multi-day curriculum camp for authors to add experiences to the BizzyB Library. Scheduled for Summer 2019.
- BizzyB Global Launch: A formal press event and showcase of authors’ curriculum. Scheduled for November, 2019.
Larry & Helen Hoag Foundation of Irvine CA provide 3-years of development support.
SaaS Ventures, LLC contributes use of a rapid-development Microservices Platform and custom software programming.
SuperGeeks contributes funding support to BizzyB users within the State of Hawaii.
RankHI contributes digital marketing support to BizzyB.
StemD2 contributes survey design and education theory support.
Bizgenics Foundation contributes development management, curriculum development and on-going operations support.